WELCOME to Wednesday, May 18, 2016.
RULES OF THE OFFICE
If it rings, put it on hold;
If it clanks, call the repairman;
If it whistles, ignore it;
If it’s a friend, take a break;
If it’s the boss, look busy;
If it talks, take notes;
If it’s handwritten, type it;
If it’s typed, copy it;
If it’s copied, file it;
If It’s in a file, put it in alpha order;
If it’s Friday, forget it!
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a wonderful Wednesday people, and whatever you do, don’t forget to LAUGH IT UP! Peace, I am outta here, Eucman!
“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” –Mark Twain
“Beware of the young doctor and the old barber.” –Benjamin Franklin
“Concentration comes out of a combination of confidence and hunger.” –Arnold Palmer
G U A R A N T E D T O M A K E Y O U L A F F….
It seems that Mary Poppins has moved to California. She has started a business telling people’s fortunes. But, she doesn’t read palms or tea leaves, she smells one’s breath. That, right, the sign outside reads: Super California Mystic Expert Halitosis.
Tuesday’s Movie Trivia of the day!‘ What movie is this quote from??? “Last night, Darth Vader came down from the planet Vulcan, and told me that if I didn’t take Lorraine out that he’d melt my brain.”
Answer: Back to the Future! The young George McFly (Crispin Glover) said this to Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) the morning after Marty appeared in George’s bedroom wearing an anti-radiation suit and blasting music into George’s ears through a Walkman. All this was an attempt to get George to take Lorraine to the “Enchantment Under the Sea Dance”. After all, George was her “density”. This one was especially for you, Lorraine McFly.
Wednesday Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? “He’s a beach dog.”
Tuesday’s Quizzler is……….
The following are colloquialisms/idioms written in their literal form. Try to find all four.
Example: A Panthera Pardus is incapable of altering its texture. (A leopard can’t change its spots)
1. Revert to the first quadrilateral of equal sides and angles.
2. One suffering from Macular Degeneration guiding one with less than 1/10 of normal vision.
3. Restrain your multiple Equus caballus.
4. The writing utensil containing small amounts of ink is more puissant than the iron hand-held weapon.
ANSWER: 1. Back to Square One–A term meaning to go back to the beginning, or the original idea.
2. Blind leading the blind–Term which means the person in charge knows no more than the person or people he is leading.
3. Hold your Horses–Meaning be patient and to wait.
4. The pen is mightier than the sword–A phrase that means you can get more accomplished by solving your problems in a calm way, than resorting to violence.
Wednesday’s Quizzler is……….
1. How will you put an elephant in a fridge in 3 steps?
2. How will you put a zebra in a fridge in 4 steps?
3. The King of the Jungle, the lion, is having a wedding ceremony. All of the animals come to attend the ceremony except one. Which one is it and why doesn’t it come?
4. A man has to desperately cross the river to get from one place to the other in a jungle. The river is known for having deadly alligators in it. There is no boat. How is he going to make it to the other place?
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in THURSDAYS Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com.https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/