WELCOME to Tuesday, April 5, 2016.
Did You Know That….
1. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:King of Diamonds = Julius Caesar
Spades – King David
Clubs – Alexander the Great,
Diamonds – Julius Caesar.
2. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
3. Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn’t added until 5 years later.
4. ‘I am’. Is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
5. The phrase ‘rule of thumb’ is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb. …(vidFL2)
6. The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for the ‘General Purpose’ vehicle, G.P.
7. The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth II, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
8. In just one year, each and every American on average consumes enough wood and paper to construct a tree 100 feet tall and 16 inches in diameter.
9. Over three million Americans stutter. Stuttering is gender related and affects three to four times as many males as females.
10. The maximum speed that raindrops can fall at is around 18mph. The precise speed depends on their size.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a great Tuesday people, and whatever you do, don’t forget to LAUGH IT UP! Peace, I am outta here, Eucman!
“A balloon released by a girl in Texas was found this week over 900 miles away in Ohio. Or, more likely, Ohio also has red balloons.” -Seth Meyers
“Chipotle is considering opening a new restaurant that specializes in hamburgers. After what their burritos did, Chipotle now wants to ruin a new set of buns.” -Jimmy Fallon
“A controversial 1,200-year-old document has been found that shows evidence that Jesus was married. I don’t believe it. What married guy gets to spend all his free time with his 12 buddies?” -Conan O’Brien
G U A R A N T E D T O M A K E Y O U L A F F….
One day Ole and Sven were paging through the Sears Catalog and admiring all the beautiful models.
Ole said to Sven, “Haf you seen da perdy girls in dis catalog?”
Sven replied, “Ya. Dey sure are bootiful, an yust look at da prices!”
Ole looked wide eyed and said, “Yumpin’ yimminy. Dey ain’t very expensive. At dees prices I’m buyin’ me vun.”
Sven smiled, patted Ole on the back and said, “by golly Ole, if she’s as perdy as she looks in da catalog, I vill get vun too.”
Three weeks later Sven came by and asked Ole, “did ja ever git dat girl you ordered from da Sears Catalog?”
Ole replied, “no, but it von’t be long now, her clothes came yesterday!”
Monday’s Movie Trivia of the day!‘ What movie is this quote from??? ‘If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn. People die. But real love lives forever.’
Answer: The Crow! And Eric did just that. This cult classic had a tragic event befall it during production – Brandon Lee was accidentally killed by a prop gun.
Tuesday Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? ‘I do not know love. I was trained to protect, not to love.’
Monday’s Quizzler is……….
Discovered in Africa, I spread like a tide
To become a hot staple known the world wide.
A necessity to some, a treasure to many,
I’m best enjoyed among pleasant company.
Some like me hot and some like me cold.
Some prefer mild, others only bold.
Some take me straight, while some like to savor
My essence to which has been added a flavor.
So put down your cares and sit awhile with me;
I’ll send you back refreshed and full of energy.
ANSWER: Coffee. It was first discovered in the area of Africa now called Ethiopia. Legend has it that a goat herder observed his goats acting unusually frisky after eating berries from a bush. When he tried them himself, his energy was renewed. And the rest is history.
Tuesday’s Quizzler is……….
TODAY’S QUIZZMASTER OF THE DAY AWARD GOES TO MS. ANDREA L. BANKS AND MS. KIM HILLYARD. GREAT SOLVING LADIES!
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in WEDNESDAYS Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com.https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/