WELCOME to Monday, September 14, 2015.
6th grade history tests excerpts…………..really…..
1. The greatest writer of the Renaissance was William Shakespeare. He was born in the 1564, supposedly on his birthday. He never made much money and is famous only because of his plays. He wrote tragedies, comedies, and hysterectomies, all in Islamic pentameter. Romeo and Juliet are an example of a heroic couple.
2. Writing at the same time as Shakespeare was Miguel Cervantes. He wrote Donkey Hote. The next great author was John Milton. Milton wrote Paradise Lost. Then his wife died and he wrote Paradise Regained.
3. Delegates from the original 13 states formed the Contented Congress. Thomas Jefferson, a virgin, and Benjamin Franklin were to 2 singers of the Declaration of Independence. Franklin discovered electricity by rubbing two cats backward and declared, “a horse divided against itself can not stand.” Franklin died in 1790 and is still dead.
4. Abraham Lincoln was America’s greatest precedent. Lincoln’s mother died in infancy, and he was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves by signing the Emasculation Proclamation. On the night of April 14, 1865, Lincoln went to the theater and got shot in his seat by one of the actors in the moving picture show. They believe the assinator was John Wilkes Booth, a suposingly insane actor. This ruined Booth’s career.
5. Johann Bach wrote a great many musical compositions and had a large number of children. In between he practiced on an old spinster which he kept up in his attic. Bach died from 1750 to the present. Bach was the most famous composer in the world and so was Handel. Handel was half German, half Italian, and half English. He was very large.
6. Beethoven wrote music even though he was deaf. He was so deaf he wrote loud music. He took long walks in the forest even when everyone was calling for him. Beethoven expired in 1827 and later died from this.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a great Monday and whatever you do,
don’t forget to LAUGH IT UP! Peace, I am outta here, Eucman!
QUOTES OF THE DAY
“Scientists have discovered a species of fish that surrounds itself with uglier fish in order to look more attractive. However, scientists could not identify which sorority it belongs to.” -Jimmy Fallon
“Congress was back in session after a five-week summer break. They have until September 30 to pass a budget to ensure that the government stays up and running, or else they will be forced to, well, go back on vacation I guess.” -Jimmy Kimmel
“Wal-Mart made plans to hire 100,000 U.S. Veterans. Which can only mean one thing: Wal-Mart is going to invade Costco.” -Conan O’Brien
G U A R A N T E D T O M A K E Y O U L A F F….
My first grade daughter and her friend both needed new boots as winter approached. The friend got in the car one morning and finally had gotten her boots. “Tina,” I commented, “I see you got new boots! Where did you get them?”
“At the store,” she answered.
“Which one?” I asked.
She began looking at her new boots and after a pause said, “Both of them!”
Friday’s Movie Trivia of the day!‘ What movie is this quote from??? We’ll use paper money for the jockey fee and expenses, but this will be for your entry money. We’ll use the gold sovereigns for luck.’
Answer: National Velvet! A great old movie with a young Elizabeth Taylor, about a girl who races her horse.
Monday Movie Trivia of the day! What movie is this quote from??? ‘I can shoot straight, if I don’t have to shoot very far.’
Friday’s Quizzler is……….
On July 7th, I had a most unusual day. I woke up at exactly 7:07, stumbled to my refrigerator and had a 7up. I got dressed, went downstairs, and caught the number 7 bus to go to my office on 77th street. While sitting in my office on the 7th floor, it dawned on me how my day was going so I called my bookie and placed a $777 bet on the number 7 horse in the seventh race, whose name was Seventh Heaven, to win.
Do you know what happened?
ANSWER: He came in 7th.
Monday’s Quizzler is……….
Can you name the salad veggies? Use synonyms of each word in the clue; put them together to sound out the answer.
EG. Clue: Dog Bloom
Explanation: “Collie” “Flower”
1. Caution Groove
2. Rotate Bite
3. Fish-egg Hair
4. Allow We
5. Twirl Scratch
6. Taxi Shift
7. Animal-park Crucial Leg-joint
8. Signal Burden
9. Awesome Plate
10. Invigorate Each
LOOK for answers to today’s quizzlers in TUESDAYS Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also, if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com.https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/