WELCOME to Friday, November 14, 2014.
People Say the Strangest Things:
These phrases were culled from the small ad columns of local newspapers in the UK and the USA. Hidden message, when you think You’ve finished with your paper, check the small ads.
- Semi-annual after-Christmas sale.
- We will oil your sewing machine and adjust tension in your home for $10.00.
- Auto repair service. Free pick-up and delivery. Try us once, you’ll never go anywhere again.
- Sheer stockings. Designed for fancy dress, but so serviceable that lots of women wear nothing else.
- Tattoos done while you wait.
- Buy your new bedroom suite from us, and we will stand behind it for six months.
- Mixing bowl set designed to please a cook with round bottom for efficient beating.
- For sale: an antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and large drawers.
- Wanted: Man to take care of cow that does not smoke or drink.
- Wanted: Mother’s helper – peasant working conditions.
- Get rid of aunts: Zap does the job in 24 hours.
- Amana washer $100. Owned by clean bachelor who seldom washed.
- No matter what your topcoat is made of, this miracle spray will make it really repellent.
- Is there chicken in your vegetarian gumbo?
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a great weekend people and
whatever you do, don’t forget to LAUGH IT UP! Peace I am outta here, Eucman!
QUOTES OF THE DAY
A well-spent day brings happy sleep. – Leonardo da Vinci
All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives. – Dalai Lama
Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young. – Arthur Wing Pinero
One camel does not make fun of another camel’s hump. – Ghanaian Proverb
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. – George Bernard Shaw
Going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than going to McDonald’s makes you a hamburger.
G U A R A N T E D T O M A K E Y O U L A F F….
Relationships can be very puzzling as we all know. Take celibacy, for example; this can be a choice, or a condition imposed by environmental factors. While attending a special Marriage Awareness Weekend in Yorkshire, England, Nick and Victoria listened to the facilitator intone, ‘It is so very important that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other.’ He turned to the men and asked, ‘Can you each name your wife’s favorite flower?’ Nick leaned over, touched Victoria’s arm gently and whispered, ‘Self raising, isn’t it?’ Thus began Nick’s life of celibacy.
Thursday Movie Trivia of the day!‘ How much movie trivia can you answer?
What movie is this quote from??? Kay: “Do you know how naive you sound Michael? Presidents and Senators don’t have men killed!”
Michael: “Oh. Who’s being naive Kay?”
Answer: Godfather! 1972 Best Picture, about the rise of Vito Corleone from a poor immigrant boy to a powerful mob boss and his loyalty to his family. These quotes are Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) discussing his father’s business with Kay Adams (Diane Keaton), who becomes his wife.
Friday Movie Trivia of the day! ‘How much movie trivia can you answer? What movie is this
quote from??? “Life’s not fair is it? You see, I…well I shall never be king. And you… shall never see the light of another day. Adieu!”
Thursday’s Quizzler is……….
Can you decipher this phrase:
Answer: Misunderstanding between friends
Friday’s Quizzler is……….
What same three letters fit into the following five combinations to form 5 words?
_ _ _ E F
F A _ _ _ C
D E _ _ _ S
H Y _ _ _ D
L U _ _ _ C A N T
TODAY’S QUIZZMASTER OF THE DAY AWARD GOES TO BOTH OF OUR RESIDENT GENIUS, MS. ANDREA L. BANKS AND MS. KIM HILLYARD! GREAT SOLVING JOBS LADIES!
Look for answers to today’s quizzlers in MONDAYS Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com. https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/ LINKS2 CHECK OUT: www.slampi.org., www.hopeBUILD.org.