WELCOME to Thursday, November 13, 2014.
Did You Know Facts?
- The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
- Coca-Cola was originally green.
- Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.
- The Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters.
- Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
- City with the most Rolls Royce’s per capita: Hong Kong.
- State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska.
- Percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28%
- Percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%
- Barbie’s measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33
- Cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400
- Average number of people airborne over the US any given hour: 61,000.
- Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
- The world’s youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
- The youngest pope was 11 years old.
- First novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.
- The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a great Thursday people and
whatever you do, don’t forget to LAUGH IT UP! Peace I am outta here, Eucman!
QUOTES OF THE DAY
“Members of the Danish National Chamber Orchestra released a video of themselves performing while eating the world’s hottest chili peppers. In response, the Red Hot Chili Peppers released a video of themselves eating a Danish.” -Seth Meyers
“The October jobs report was released and it showed that unemployment has hit its lowest point in six years. Also hitting its lowest point: anyone who tried that new Doritos-flavored Mountain Dew.” -Jimmy Fallon
“Amazon has a new digital assistant. It’s their version of Apple’s Siri. It’s called Echo. They say it’s going to revolutionize the way we loudly repeat ourselves at electronic devices.” -Jimmy Kimmel
G U A R A N T E D T O M A K E Y O U L A F F….
Before going on vacation, I went to a tanning salon. I was under the lights a bit long and the protective shades I wore left a big white circle around each eye. Gazing at myself in the mirror the next day, I thought, “Man, I look like a clown.”
I had almost convinced myself that I was overreacting until I got in line at the grocery store. I felt a tug at my shirt and looked down to see a toddler staring up at me. He asked, “Are you giving out balloons?”
Wednesday Movie Trivia of the day!‘ How much movie trivia can you answer?
What movie is this quote from??? “This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let’s not bicker
and argue about who killed who.”
Answer: Monty Python and the Holy Grail! This movie came out in 1975 and is funny, quotable lines from beginning to end. It seems people either think this is one of the funniest movies ever made or the stupidest there is really no in between for this type of humor. This particular line is the Swamp King speaking to the wedding party and guests after they shout that Launcelot has killed the bride’s father. Sir Launcelot had just stormed the castle and hacked his way through the crowd under the mistaken belief that he was rescuing a princess, when it was really a prince who had sent out a message about being forced to marry against his will.
Thursday Movie Trivia of the day! ‘How much movie trivia can you answer? What movie is this
quote from??? Kay: “Do you know how naive you sound Michael? Presidents and Senators don’t have men killed!”
Michael: “Oh. Who’s being naive Kay?”
Wednesday’s Quizzler is……….
In each equation below, part of a common name has been replaced with a definition for a word that is contained within that name. By answering the definition and completing the equation, you will find the name.
(Ric + difficult = ric + hard = Richard)
1. Put on clothes + ald
2. Fishing pole + ney
3. P+ make a mistake + y
4. Be in debt + n
5. That girl + r + adult guy
6. D + eager
7. B + lease an apartment
Answer: 1. Don + ald = Donald 2. Rod + ney = Rodney 3. P + err + y = Perry 4. Owe + n = Owen
5. She + r + man = Sherman 6. D + avid = David 7. B + rent = Brent
Thursday’s Quizzler is……….
Can you decipher this phrase:
Look for answers to today’s quizzlers in FRIDAYS Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com. https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/ LINKS2 CHECK OUT: www.slampi.org., www.hopeBUILD.org.