WELCOME to Wednesday, October 22, 2014.
- There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger.
- Have you noticed that there is neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
- A guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.
- And there are no hogs in Hogmanay.
- And why is it that writers write but fingers don’t fing, grocers don’t groce and hammers don’t ham?
- You cannot buy boots in Boots nor virgins in Virgin. You cannot buy threshers in Threshers and the Superdrug chain is a big disappointment.
- Quicksand only works slowly
- If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn’t the plural of booth beeth?
- One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese?
- If teachers taught, why didn’t preachers praught?
- If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
- A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
- There is no parlour in in parlous. (Parlous – dangerous, hazardous)
- Sweetmeats are sweets while sweetbreads, which aren’t sweet, are meat.
- When you are incommunicado: you are without the means to communicate.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a wonderful Wednesday people and and whatever you do, don’t forget to LAUGH IT UP! Peace I am outta here, Eucman!
QUOTES OF THE DAY
“I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.”
–Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
“Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.”
–Alfred Lord Tennyson
“Anger is never without Reason, but seldom with a good One.”
G U A R A N T E D T O M A K E Y O U L A F F….
Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive casement type with shutters. Today, I got a call from the contractor who installed them. He was complaining that the work had been completed a whole year ago and I still hadn’t paid for them.
Hellloo………… Just because I have fair hair doesn’t mean that I am automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast talking sales guy had told me last year, that in ONE YEAR these windows would pay for themselves!
Hellloo? It’s been a year! I told him. There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally just hung up.
He never called back.
I bet he felt like an idiot.
Tuesday Movie Trivia of the day!‘ How much movie trivia can you answer?
What movie is this quote from??? The prisoner says, “But I’ve only been here a moment.” To which the guard replies, “Well for that moment, your behavior was very good.” In what movie do we hear this conversation?
Answer: Dracula: Dead and Loving it! The asylum attendant (Mark Blankfield) is releasing Renfield (Peter MacNicol) from his cell under orders of Dr. Seward, in hopes that Renfield will lead them back to Dracula’s lair.
Wednesday Movie Trivia of the day! ‘How much movie trivia can you answer? What movie is this
quote from??? “Arugula, I haven’t had Arugula in six weeks.”
Tuesday’s Quizzler is……….
Which is the odd couple? Find how these pairs were formed, then decide which does not belong with the other four.
1. HIS and MIST
2. LUSH and PULP
3. LOFT and SOUND
4. WIDE and NINE
5. HIKE and SEED
Answer: The original couples, before the exchange of a letter, were: 1. HIT and MISS 2. PUSH and PULL
3. LOST and FOUND 4. WINE and DINE 5. HIDE and SEEK The odd couple is ‘WINE and DINE’. All the others are antonym pairs.
Wednesday’s Quizzler is……….
Can you decipher this phrase?
T _ _ E
Look for answers to today’s quizzlers in THURSDAYS Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com. https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/ LINKS2 CHECK OUT: www.slampi.org., www.hopeBUILD.org.