WELCOME to Thursday October 31, 2013. Siddhuisms..
1. Bad habits are like comfy beds – easy to get into, very difficult to get out of.
2. You aren’t rewarded for having brains, you’re rewarded for using them.
3. A lemon squeezed too hard yields a bitter juice.
4. Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier.
5. Curry is a worry.
6. Liquor talks mighty loud when it’s let loose from the jug.
7. To achieve, you have to believe.
8. Success is the fruit of concentration.
9. Strike when the iron is hot, and make the iron hot by striking.
10. Strength grows in the garden of patience.
11. Gamblers are like toilets – broke one day, flush the next.
12. If you dine with the devil, use a long spoon.
13. Your originality is your strength.
14. If you enjoy a particular thing, you will always succeed at it.
15. The bill was buzzing past the head like a bumblebee breaking wind.
16. Winning is not important, but wanting to win is.
17. When you are submerged up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that isn’t submerged.
18. Faith in your abilities will help you face the music, even if you don’t like the tune.
19. Even a turtle won’t move until he sticks his neck out.
20. The doghouse is no place to keep a sausage.
21. Penny and penny will make many.
22. Every dog is a lion at his own door.
23. Even a cock crows over his own dung heap.
24. A good lather is half the shave.
25. Disappointments need to be cremated, not embalmed.
26. Those openers are like nappies, and changed for the same reason.
27. A tree is always known by its fruit.
28. The blood of the soldier gives glory to the general.
29. Troubles are like babies – the more you nurse them, the bigger they grow.
30. The first blow is half the battle.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Have a great Thursday people, and whatever you do, don’t forget to LAUGH IT UP! Peace I am outta here, Eucman!
QUOTES OF THE DAY
“President Obama’s Facebook account was hacked. It was hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army. When Obama found out about this, he said, ‘Can you guys fix the Obamacare website?'” –David Letterman
“There was some good news today for embattled Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. Obamacare will cover all her injuries after the White House throws her under the bus. She is totally covered.” –Jay Leno
“Have you tried to get on the Obamacare website? Oh, it is slow! It is so slow that by the time you sign up for Obamacare you’ll be eligible for Medicare. It’s slower than a ticket scalper at a Jacksonville Jaguars game.” –Jay Leno
“For years President Obama has been saying that no one would lose their healthcare plan. Now the White House has admitted that in fact many people will lose their plans. But there is a way to keep the great coverage you have. Just become a member of Congress. Then the taxpayers pay for the whole thing.” –Jay Leno
G U A R A N T E D T O M A K E Y O U L A F F….
There were three preachers: a Catholic, a Baptist, and a rabbi. They are all fishing out in the lake when all of a sudden the Baptist has to go to the bathroom. So he gets up and walks across the water, does his business, and comes back. Then all of a sudden the rabbi has to go, so he gets up and walks across the water, does his business, and comes back.
Then the Catholic has to go, but when he gets out he falls into the water, so he swims back, gets back into the boat, looks up, and says, ”God, let me walk across the water.” Then he tries again and falls into the water, so he swims back, tries again and he falls again.
The Baptist leans over to the rabbi and says, ”Do you think we should tell him where the stepping stones are?”
Wednesday’s Movie Trivia of the day!‘ How much movie trivia can you answer?
What movie is this quote from??? ‘Grampa…I’m kinda glad I got your blood in me.’
Answer: Vision Quest! When high school wrestling prodigy Loudon Swain (Matthew Modine) tries to convince his grandfather to leave his desolate mountain cabin and move in with the family, the old man steadfastly refuses. Loudon then speaks the above line out of admiration for his grandfather’s resolve. Grampa’s response? ‘Don’t let it go to your head.’ Heh.
Thursday’s Movie Trivia of the day! ‘How much movie trivia can you answer? What movie is this quote from??? ‘I’ve never been much of a bather.’
Wednesday’s Quizzler is……….
One of four people – two men (Jack and Mike) and two women (Carol and Lily) – was murdered.
The following facts refer to the people mentioned:
(a) Jack’s sister argued exactly once with Carol’s legal husband after the murder.
(b) Mike’s sister argued twice with the victim’s legal spouse after the murder. Who was the victim?
ANSWER: Mike is the victim.
If Mike’s sister and Jack’s sister are the same person, then (a) reads “Lily argued exactly once with (Mike or Jack)” and (b) reads “Lily argued twice with (the same Mike or Jack)”. These two statements contradict each other. Therefore Mike’s sister must be different from Jack’s sister.
If this is the case then there are two possibilities:
1) Jack and Carol are brother and sister. Mike and Lily are brother and sister. Jack is married to Lily and Mike is married to Carol. If this is the case, then (a) reads “Carol argued once with Mike” and (b) reads “Lily argued twice with herself”, leaving Jack dead. Since Lily did not likely argue with herself, this is not the solution.
2) Jack and Lily are brother and sister. Mike and Carol are brother and sister. Jack is married to Carol and Lily is married to Mike. If this is the case, then (a) reads “Lily argued once with Jack” and (b) reads “Carol argued twice with Lily”, leaving Mike dead. Since there are no contradictions, this is the solution.
Thursday’s Quizzler is……….
How can half of 12 be 7?
Look for answers to today’s quizzlers in FRIDAYS Jokes, Quotes, Quizzlers & Teases! Like this newsletter? Want to receive it daily? Also if you are on the list and do not want to continue to receive this email and would like your name removed from this distribution list, please send an email to the Eucman at Eucstraman@hotmail.com. https://dailyjokesquotesquizzlersandteases.wordpress.com/ LINKS2 CHECK OUT: http://www.slampi.org. http://www.hopeBUILD.org. http://www.wcscatering.com. http://www.Eucman.freedom10.com,